Thank you for your interest in the process of becoming an active contributing member of the Keiretsu Forum global investment community. We support each other to become better investors by working collaboratively, sharing our expertise and experiences (mindshare) and contributing to the mutual success of our portfolio company investments.
Please complete the New Member Candidate Application to answer the qualification questions above along with your background, experience and goals for your angel investing. This information will help our membership committee determine the best route to onboard you together with the other members of your new member class. Thank you very much for your time and interest, we look forward to supporting you on the next steps with our organization and will be in touch within 24 hours.
For questions please contact Brianna McDonald at (206) 498-8223 or Brianna@keiretsuforum.com
What is included in my Keiretsu membership?
There are numerous benefits to becoming a Keiretsu Member:
- Access to world’s largest network of Angel Investors
- Opportunity to screen high quality, diverse investment opportunities at the monthly Deal Screening, Keiretsu Forum meetings and Bi-Annual Angel Capital Expos
- Participation in deals that have multi-chapter syndication funding
- Due Diligence resources including training, Due Diligence Handbook and participation with Due Diligence teams
- Collaboration in vetting investment opportunities through mindshare and shared expertise
- Access to the Keiretsu Forum platform for deal tracking and deal information
- Ability to participate in Keiretsu Forum Northwest Committees (Clean Technology, Consumer Products, Healthcare/Life Sciences, Real Estate, Impact, Software, Hardware & Defense/Aerospace)
- Investment opportunity in Keiretsu Capital Co-Investment Fund and/or Real Estate Fund
- Introduce capital-seeking companies for Keiretsu deal screening
- Personal enrichment through Keiretsu Forum Academies
- Building collaborative business relationships with other members through numerous social engagements
- Opportunity to develop relationships with Keiretsu Forum’s partner organizations that play an important role in the investor-entrepreneur ecosystem
- Membership privileges that extend to your immediate family
What is the member profile?
Members in the United States are "Accredited Investors" as that term is defined in Regulation D under the Securities Act of 1933 and under other applicable securities laws and regulations. A Keiretsu Forum member is:
- An active private equity investor
- A trusted, honest, and respected member of our business community
- A contributor of time, wisdom and experience to our portfolio companies
- Someone who enjoys building relationships with other members
- Members in the offshore chapters adhere to the regulations of their host countries.
What are the types of memberships?
- Accredited Private Investors - High Net Worth Individuals
- Venture Capital and Strategic Corporate Partners
- Academic Members
- Family Offices
- Corporate Investors
- Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR)
What is the membership structure?
80% accredited private equity (angel) investors and family offices, 10% venture capital firms, corporate investors, sponsors, and 10% resource members.
What are the annual Keiretsu membership fees?
Keiretsu Forum annual membership fee is $3,000 + a one-time registration fee of $475 per member. This is a global access fee that allows members to attend all regular monthly meetings at any of our chapters and all member benefits listed above. Corporations, Entrepreneur in Residence, venture funds and family offices are subject to a different fee structure and should reach out to Keiretsu Forum Northwest to learn more.
Does Keiretsu charge success fees on investments?
No. Keiretsu does not take any equity, success fees, warrants or any other fees of any kind.
How much do I need to invest?
Keiretsu has no annual minimum investment as we recognize that there are many components to an investing decision. The size of investment in any deal is completely up to the members’ discretion. A typical ‘ticket size’ per investment generally start at $25k.
Will I be the only angel in a deal?
All members invest on their own but collaborate on due diligence and setting terms for the investment. Your investment or your decision to invest is not tied to other members of Keiretsu Forum. Because companies can seek investment across the Keiretsu network you may collaborate with members in other chapters to complete diligence and negotiate a common term sheet.
What happens post-presentation? How can I participate and/or observe a deal?
It is important to indicate your interest level in a particular deal on the Gold Sheets provided at each Forum meeting. Keiretsu chapter managers consolidate all comments and interest levels to share with the entrepreneur. Members who are interested in a particular deal are connected so they can collaborate on due diligence and term sheet negotiations.
How do members collaborate on deals?
Keiretsu members collaborate on deals in two ways:
- Due Diligence. A lead Keiretsu member is chosen to champion the due diligence effort along with other members interested in a particular deal. This lead coordinates the other interested members and delegate due diligence responsibilities following the Keiretsu Due Diligence Platform. The lead will ultimately consolidate the information into a final due diligence report. This report is then shared with all interested parties to inform their investment decision.
- Term Sheet. Members of the Due Diligence team then negotiate favorable deal terms with the company seeking funds. This term sheet is then shared with all members considering investment.
What is the structure of a typical Keiretsu deal?
All members invest on an individual basis and are not part of a collaborative fund or limited partnership. However, members generally invest into one term sheet. The term sheet is generally negotiated by the group of angels who are leading the due diligence process, along with input from the rest of the participants. Companies in syndication (multi chapter investment) arrive at the region with a full due diligence report and term sheet in hand.
How often are the meetings?
Meetings are held monthly. On the first Wednesday of the month is the Deal Screening, a selection meeting with 7-10 companies presenting and members select the top 2-3 to present at the Forums. The week following Deal Screening, companies present at six of the Northwest and Rockies Chapter meetings in Vancouver BC, Eastside/Bellevue, Seattle, Portland, Boulder and Denver with a remote broadcast to our virtual chapter and global audience.
What is the selection process for companies that present to the Keiretsu Forum?
<p class="align-center" style="text-align: center;"> </p>
<p><iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fvIipQBMyzY" title="YouTube video player" width="1080"></iframe></p>
<p class="align-center" style="text-align: center;"><a class="btn btn-primary btn-lg" href="https://keiretsunw.typeform.com/to/YVSg1SEI" target="_blank"><span class="text">Apply for Membership</span></a></p>Complete on-line application
- Committee pre-screening (software, telecom, life sciences, automation & instrumentation, media/entertainment, real estate, food and beverage, “cool things”)
- Selected companies present at Deal Screening (15-min presentation, 7-10 companies)
- Keiretsu Forum meeting (20-min presentation, 4-5 companies)
- Due Diligence (takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks to 3-5 months depending on industry and stage)
- Multi-Chapter Syndication (companies that receive investment traction from one chapter may present to other chapters for additional funding)
What is the stage of companies presenting?
Companies that apply to Keiretsu Forum are typically in their Series A or B rounds. They usually have accomplished a $250K to $1.5M friends and family round before applying to keiretsu Forum.
What is the industry of companies presenting?
Forum members invest in high-quality, diverse investment opportunities in Emerging Technologies, Life Science/Healthcare/Biotech, Clean Technology, Consumer Goods, Real Estate and any other segment with high growth opportunity.
Will I still have access to deal flow materials if I am unable to attend a Forum meeting?
Yes. Keiretsu Forum team members will send you a link to download the Forum booklet, which will include the summaries of presenting companies as well as the Due Diligence kick-off calls schedule.
What is Keiretsu Capital and can I invest into the fund as a member?
Yes, members can invest into Keiretsu Capital. The Keiretsu Capital Co-Investment Funds aimsto provide significant capital appreciation primarily through investment in high quality emerging companies that have been funded by the world's largest angel investor network, Keiretsu Forum, as well as other top tier angel groups. For more details visit www.keiretsucapital.com
Have Questions? Get in touch with our Membership Director!
Learn more about exclusive member benefits & the acclaimed Keiretsu Due Diligence.